From the onset of the coronavirus, we have been watching, reading and implementing industry best practices in the event of a pandemic spread to our area. Being active members of ARCSI (Association of Residential Cleaning Services International) and ISSA – The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, has truly been a blessing as we worked to implement our strategy to protect you, your family and our staff.
From day one, One Organized Mom’s house cleaning methods were created to prevent cross-contamination and to safely and effectively clean and sanitize your home.
Here’s a partial list of the things we do everyday as a normal part of our business to help protect you and your family:
- We use high quality, hospital grade, 100% microfiber cloths in the cleaning of all surfaces. These cloths remove 98% of bacteria as well as viruses without the need for super harsh chemicals. Our teams are supplied with fresh sets of sanitized microfiber cloths for each home. The cloths are disinfected and washed daily.
- Our mops heads are single use only, never used in multiple homes. They too are disinfected and washed daily.
- We don’t carry a toilet bowl brush from home to home ( a common industry practice by many other companies). We use yours and only yours in your home!
- While we have always sanitized high touch areas, we are paying extra attention to door knobs, light switches, drawer pulls and cabinet knobs to help prevent the spread of germs.
Here are some additional items that we are doing during this time of high vigilance:
- We are constantly reminding our cleaning teams to be hyper vigilant on cleaning all the high touch areas. We continue to educate them on how to be smart, prepared and not panicked.
- We are reminding employees of the importance of personal hygiene (washing of hands thorough-out the day) while implementing a mandatory handwash protocol: All team members must wash their hands upon entry and exit of every home. Either at the sink with soap and water while singing the “happy birthday song” or using company supplied hand sanitizer.
- We will wear nitrile gloves for our cleaning tasks and NOT use customer-owned hand towels after washing our hands.
- We are discouraging all handshaking with clients so please don’t think we are being rude. We are being responsible!
- We are sanitizing our vacuums and equipment between homes to help prevent cross-contamination.
- We are even wiping down the insides of our vehicles (steering wheel, door handles, etc.) at the end of each day to help combat the spread of germs.
- We are diligently monitoring the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for the latest updates and recommendations and discussing them with our teams.
The CDC’s main focus to prevent the spread of the coronavirus has been to clean your hands often. They recommend to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Any employee showing symptoms of the flu or COVID-19 will not be permitted to work and will be sent home to rest and heal. We are hoping our vigilance will not cause our schedule to be interrupted, however, we ask for your mercy during this outbreak, as your health and safety and that of our staff are of the utmost importance.
We have been cleaning the homes of our family, friends and neighbors, many with compromised immune systems, chronic medical conditions, or undergoing cancer treatments for more than 10 years now. We are constantly re-evaluating our equipment, cleaning supplies and our techniques so that your home is properly cleaned and sanitized each and every cleaning. We are committed to this practice and we will continue to monitor, evaluate and adjust as needed.
These are just some of the steps we are taking to protect you, your family and our staff.
We are grateful for the important role that we fill in keeping your home clean and healthy. Now, more than ever, is the best time to hire a professional house cleaning company to help protect you and your family. Thank you for your trust in One Organized Mom.
If you would like to add additional cleaning services, just let us know and we will be happy to make room on our schedule for you. If you have any questions, please let us know. We are your partner in grime!!!
Head Mom, One Organized Mom